When will units actually start shipping?
We ship units as they are received from the factory, some each week, which started shipping in late April, 2022.
We will adjust production for future orders based on demand, and ship them as fast as we can make them. We’ll provide more specific timing as we go. News and updates will be emailed to the address used when completing the order. Please make sure email@example.com isn’t blocked by your email spam filter.
Group Shipping Estimates
Here is the current estimated shipping timeline:
Group #1 (~1 to 10,000): Complete
Group #2 (~10,000 to 20,000): Complete
Group #3 (~20,000 to 30,000): Complete
Group #4 (~30,000 to 40,000): April ~ June
Group #5 (~40,000 to 50,000): Summer/Fall 2023
If you have already ordered a Playdate, you can view your shipping group number by visiting https://play.date/orders/
Things to be aware of
- All of the estimates you see here are subject to change based on our manufacturing capacity and component availability.
- We are unable to provide exact shipping dates beyond the shipping windows you see above.
- If you are unsure that you will be available to receive the shipment during your shipping window, we recommend updating your shipping address to a location where you know someone will be available to receive the shipment.
- Should anyone ahead of you in line cancel their order, your place in line will move up.
- The Order Number listed on your receipt is not an accurate indicator of your exact place in line.
Thanks for your patience and understanding as we fulfill orders as fast as we are able. We will keep this page updated with the latest info as soon as we have it.